You will find a link to nearly every reading assignment for English Composition in the list below. However, a few assignments are not listed here. I will provide you links, via email and/or the homework blog, when these assignments are due.
Please contact me if the links do not work or if you have any other questions or concerns.
With & Against the Grain Readings
- 10:55 section: “The Case for a Universal Basic Income,” LA Times, Sebastian Johnson; “Stop the Olympics,” Washington Post, Charles Lane
- 2.10 section: “I Used an Assault Rifle in the Army. I Don’t Think Civilians Should Own Them,” New York Times, Nate Bethea; “Why Privacy Matters,” TED, Glenn Greenwald
Other Required Readings
- “How to Write a Summary,” SmrtEnglish. (Video)
- “Creating a Works Cited Page” (Video)
- “Evaluating Internet Research Sources,” Virtual Salt.
- “Quotations,” UNC-Chapel Hill.
- “Annoying Ways People Use Sources,” Writing Spaces. Kyle D. Stedman.
- “Paragraphing: the MEAL Plan,” Writing Studio.
- “Definition,” Norton Sampler. You will receive this handout via email.
- “Audience,” UNC Chapel Hill Writing Center
- “Monroe’s Motivated Sequence,” MindTools.
- “What Truths Do We Need Besides the Bible?” John Piper